Friday, 17 January 2014

Haul | Christmas Holiday 2013 Collection




CHANEL OMBRES MATELASSEES CHARMING EYESHADOW PALETTE

Perfect neutral palette. It does not have a lot of shades which somehow a newbie like me prefer since I can't match colours in the bigger palette. *wails* As much as I love bigger palettes, it hardly get any used from me. They are really pretty to look at especially the Urban Decay naked palettes. (They have the third one out already and I haven't buy any yet!). Anyway, the pigmentation is great too. From what I read, Chanel eyeshadow is not as good as the Dior ones (I need to get their neutral quads soon!) but this is a better version now.

CHANEL POWDER BLUSH IN No.84 ACCENT

While I was looking for reviews for Charming eyeshadow palette, I saw this blush and thought it was a perfect combination. Although I'm a little disappointed with the blush when I have it as it actually has gold shimmer in it. It's good that you don't need to use a highlighter anymore, but the fine shimmer goes everywhere on your face when you applying it. That's my only gripe about this blush, the colour and pigmentation is pretty nonetheless.

LAURA MERCIER COLOUR-TO-GO PORTABLE PALETTE IN NATURAL NUDES

I love this palette. As the name suggest, it is very portable and will be very handy for travel. At first, I wanted to get the NARS version of this from the Guy Bourdoin collection. However, packaging wise and price, I chose LM palette instead. I super love the blush and bronzer in this palette, looks natural. Even though this peachy pink blush has gold shimmer in it but it does not translate onto my cheeks like the Chanel one. I can't say much on the bronzer as I'm not really fond of using it. Oh and the lip gloss, it's a little bit sticky when freshly applied.

LAURA MERCIER SHIMMER EFFECTS MINI CAVIAR STICK EYE COLOUR COLLECTION

I just got this recently and have not use them. This collection includes Pink Opal, Amethyst (LOVE THIS!!!), Rose Gold and Sugar Frost. Out of the four shades, I love Amethyst the most as it's almost similar to Maybelline Bad to the Bronze. The others are lighter and a little frosty for my liking but I think I would be nice as a inner corner highlighter. When I swatched the shades, it lasts long although after 6th hour mark, the colour started to fade a little. I can't wait to use this! And I'm definitely buying more of the darker colour ones. ;) Oh! This one is definitely better than NYX, as they always crease on me even with eye primer on. *annoyed*

YSL ROUGE VOLUPTE SHINE IN No.9 NUDE IN PRIVATE

I love lipstick. Sheer ones though. I was actually torn between this and Pink in Paris (which I might buy next). This lipstick has a bubblegum smell and colour payoff is also great but, it accentuates my dry lips. This is very similar to my Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy. I just need to scrub my dry lips before I use these lipsticks - it's good that it reminds me to take care of my lips better but not so much when I'm in a hurry and this is the only lipstick I have in my bag. Lol!

As you can see, everything that I bought are nudes and neutrals. I mean, who can have enough nudes and neutrals in their collection right? I've seen bloggers posting Spring 2014 collection already, a lot of pinks I must say but nothing really caught my eyes just yet although the lipstick ranges are quite tempting actually! I think I have a thing for Winter collection, I'll just wait for that. For the time being, I'm going to make full use of these lovely babies I just got. :D

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Kim and I'm also a blogger from Brunei! I was recently approached by Vanity Trove which is Asia's largest beauty community and they want to expand number of Bruneians using the site. I would really appreciate it if you take a look at my post and also check out the site :) Thanks!

    http://kimberleong.blogspot.com/2014/01/vanity-trove.html

    And also, that YSL lipstick is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete