Thursday, 23 January 2014

Desert Island Foundation | Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation


I knew about the existence of this foundation from one of Lisa Eldridge's video. Then I saw it from Pixiwoo foundation related videos and they mentioned that it is a good dupe for Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation that I have been wanting to try! So when my best friend went to UK last two years Christmas, I just had to ask her to help buy it for me.

When I first tried this foundation about over a year ago, it was LOVE. SUPER LOVE. Ever since, I only use this foundation for those special days. And events. This foundation gives a very natural look, look even better after hours wearing it. I don't need concealer to cover redness around my nose area, and if I do, it'd be just to cover blemishes. It IS that good! I want to keep it for as long as I could but we all know, for hygienic purposes that is not possible. 

Shade: 53, Light Beige/ Beige Clair (slightly darker on me, has yellow undertone)
Texture: Light and runny
Fragrance: Subtle hint of fruity scents - from the ingredients used
Finish: Semi-dewy, looks natural on my dry skin
Coverage: Light to medium
Longevity: Last for over 8 hours - I sometimes used it to work, keep my t-zone looking matte for the first few hours, then my t-zone started to look shiny (blot!!).

However I could not find this foundation on ASOS and Boots anymore, although they still have it in their website. I would love to try this in lighter shade, 52 Vanilla. Having tried this foundation, makes me want to get the Chanel foundation even more. Finding the right shade online would be tricky although I may have found out which shade will suit me based on the gazillion reviews I have read.

Since I'm saving this foundation, I recently bought the reformulated Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance Revealed foundation in shade 52 Vanilla and Bourjois Happy Light Illuminating Primer from ASOS. I have not tried the original formula but I'm always intrigued to find out. From the reviews I read, there are mixed reviews with the new formulation. But that didn't stop me to purchase it. Oh well. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment