Sunday, 26 January 2014

Better Cleanser | Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Gel


As soon as I found out that foam cleanser is a no-no from Caroline Hirons (yes she is my skincare guru now), I went to Guardian to find a gel cleanser. I'm not sure about oil and milk type of cleanser, so I decided on gel instead. This cleanser does not contain any colour, fragrance - which I prefer, SLS and is soap free. Basic cleanser with no nasties. I have been using this cleanser for a month now. The texture is light and not runny. I take a dollop and rub it between my fingers then massage it on to my dry face. It does not sting my eyes but it does makes my skin feel a little tight in my earlier usage (like all cleansers that I've tried) if I don't use my toner straight away. It removes all my make up traces plus I now use a washcloth to wipe my face clean. Another cleansing method I've learned recently.

This is what Paula's choice said about this cleanser,

"This is an exceptionally basic, yet very gentle, water-soluble cleanser best for normal to dry skin that’s also sensitive. The fragrance-free formula rinses cleanly but its cleansing agent is so mild that this isn’t the best option for removing makeup or excess oil. Consider it an option if you wear minimal makeup (or are willing to use a separate makeup remover, especially for mascara) or for use as your morning cleanser. Note: the U.S. name for this cleanser is Refreshing Facial Wash Gel."

Will I repurchase? Yes but not soon. I think I'll buy this when my skin does not know what to do with itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment