Wednesday, 25 December 2013

Revlon Colorstay Foundation in 310 Warm Golden


Among my recent haul from Guardian, I bought Revlon Colorstay Foundation in shade 310 Warm Golden. I, as usual read reviews to find out which shade will suits me. When I went to Guardian, I went to the display look for the shade, went to the counter and paid for it. I came home and tried the foundation right away. Swatched it and put a few drops for my face. I looked dark. My face is at least twice darker than my neck. :O I asked opinions from my mom and husband, they both said it IS dark. Even darker after it oxidized.
I was puzzled. I thought I bought the right shade. The testers at the shop is questionable hence I did not tried it. I should have but no. I go back to the reviews again. And apparently I bought the WRONG shade. I was supposed to get 300 Golden Beige (unfortunately not available here!). Both names have "golden" in it, I guess that's where I was wrong. :( I remember the lighter shades available are Sand Beige and Nude. Although.. While I was trying the foundation, I like the finish and lasting power. So perhaps I will try Nude next.

I'm letting go this foundation in Warm Golden for $20 (including postage). As mentioned above, I only used a couple of drops. If you know anyone using this shade, please let them know. :)


4 comments:

  1. I was looking for Golden Beige too!!! It's a shame they don't have it here ughhh so annoying!!!
    The finish is nice, isn't it? If you have the chance, the Revlon Nearly Naked is nice and light but the one I have is too orange lol just a warning, don't get 'Warm Beige'!!

    The Revlon Whipped looks interesting too. Limited shades, again though ;w;

    I'll share the post on FB and see if anyone uses it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dear! That's very kind of you.
      I do want to try Revlon Nearly Naked. Been waiting for it to come to this side of the world hehhe..

      Delete
  2. Hi there! i am one of your silent readers and it's my first time commenting here :) anyhow, i have tried this foundation in exactly the same shade and i too found it darker than my skin tone. after i finished the tube, i decided to try Nude but it's a bit lighter for me. i guess my shade will be something between these two.

    I suggest you to keep this and try mix Warm Golden and Nude together to see if it's the perfect shade. if Nude alone works best, only then you should let this foundation go. Just sharing my opinion though.

    Sorry if this post is getting too long. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey there!

      Thank you for taking your time reading and commenting! :) That's very kind of you. I'll definitely will take into consideration of your suggestion. I'm scared Nude will be too light for me. Too bad they don't have wider range of shades available here kan?

      Delete