Monday, 30 December 2013

2013 Beauty Favourites

** Sorry about the quality of the pictures. Insya Allah will update it as soon as I can with better ones. 

2013 is coming to an end. I'm discovering plenty of beauty products this year. Most of the products are cult products recommended by beauty bloggers and alike. For skincare, I have written products that I'm currently using and loving it for what it does to my skin [here]. On the other hand, for make up I found myself to love lip products more than blushes and face products. And now, I know which shade I prefer and will get a lot of use. Buying beauty products online is tricky (and risky!) so I read a lot of reviews before deciding. Below are the products that I have use a lot this year and been through tests to be able to be in this list.


Favourite Face Products
  • Primer
    • MakeUp Academy (MUA) Primer
  • Foundation/ BB Cream
    • Skin79 VIP Gold BB Cream (not in the picture)
    • Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in shade 53 Beige Clair
    • Catrice Infinite Matt Foundation in 020 Honey Beige
  • Concealer
    • Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium
  • Powder
    • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent
  • Makeup Remover
    • Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution for Sensitive Skin (Pink)
    • Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes


Favourite Blushers
  • NYX Powder blush in Dusty Rose
  • MUA blusher in shade 6 (older range)
  • MAC Powder blush in Fleur Power and Pet Me (mineralised blush LE 2010)
  • Natural Collection blush in Rosey Glow and Pink Cloud


Favourite Lip Products
  • Lipstick
    • DIOR Rouge Nude in Grege
    • Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy
    • Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle
    • MAC Lustre in Syrup
    • MUA lipstick in shade 11
    • NYX Extra Creamy Round lipstick in shade B52
    • Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie and Macaroon
  • Lipbalm
    • Maybelline Baby Lips
    • Palmer's Cocoa Butter
  • Lip Scrub
    • Lush Mint Julips


Favourite Eye Products
  • Eye Primer
    • MUA Eye Primer
    • Essence I <3 Stage Eye Primer
  • Eyeshadows
    • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
    • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt
    • MUA Heaven and Earth Palette
    • Sleek Storm Palette
  • Eyeliner
    • Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal and Brown Black
  • Brow Gel
    • Essence brow gel (I need to get a new one!)
  • Mascara - tried few but none to my liking

Favourite Makeup Brushes
  • Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush
  • Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour brush
  • Sigma F60 Foundation brush
  • ELF Blending Eye brush
  • Essence shadow brush (especially for Maybelline tattoo)

3 comments:

  1. Love that Healthy Mix made it to your list, I'm slowly going through mine because I'm scared it will run out! Wish Malaysia would bring Bourjois in already! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! That's why I bought Revlon foundation recently. The not so good news is Bourjois does not have Healthy Mix anymore. In fact, they have reformulated the original Healthy Mix foundation. I'm trying that one next to see how it compares :) Glad ASOS offers free worldwide shipping to get my Bourjo fix! Teehee! ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, I just saw the new one on asos! Reformulated..hmm. Will have to see whether it's better. Right now I'm telling myself to be good and no more foundation/base products until I finish up at least one bottle! 2013 was definitely a year of stocking up on base products. -_-"

      Delete