I am aware that there are A LOT of different types and brands of makeup brushes, from the drugstore inexpensive brands to high end brands. I only have one brush for the last two years, I use it for powder and blusher - the multipurpose MAC 129SH Powder/Blush brush.
When it comes to makeup brushes, I am only familiar with a few brands - MAC, Sigma, E.L.F but after reading beauty blogs and watching beauty vlogs, now I know a few more. I recently went to check out The Face Shop brushes, Etude House brushes, The Body Shop brushes, Holika Holika brushes but only one caught my attention, E.L.F brushes at Paloma. It is definitely overpriced!!! Boo! Each brush cost B$19.90 whereas its actually only cost US$3 and GBP3.75 for the Studio line.
Having said that, I actually bought E.L.F Complexion brush. I bought their blush brush at first, then I find it a little bit too small for my cheeks then I went back to Paloma after two days to change the brush. :P Now that I have the Complexion brush with me, I feel like I want the blush brush back. Ok, you can call me
Anyway, I have added few (read some) brushes in my want-it list ;p
- EcoTools Bamboo Blush Brush - just because I read that its an excellent brush from MWS
- No7 Foundation and Concealer brush - two of the many Lisa Eldridge's favourite brushes
- E.L.F Studio Brush - Can I have all of them?? :P Ok, maybe just the angled blush brush, powder brush, eyeshadow C brush and contour brush :P:P
- Real Techniques Powder brush or Face Expert brush (this is a foundation brush)
- MAC 129 brush (should I still be getting the same one or other brush that might attract me during our vacation :P)
- Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush (again from MWS and ChloeAsh but I think closer dupe would be the same-look brush from Missha. Don't quote me on this. I'm not sure abt the quality tho!)
I do not even know why I need MORE THAN ONE blusher brush, powder brush, foundation brush and etc. *LOL* Again, you can call me ehmm
|E.L.F Complexion brush and MAC 129SH|
From the picture, you can see that MAC is a little bit denser than the ELF brush but, ELF is way so much softer than MAC. However, MAC have been scratchy to my face and the hairs shed since I washed it a month ago! *pain* but I super love this brush! :( Oh I find this site [here] to be VERY helpful in deciding which brush we need. ;)
UPDATE (31st Jan 2013)
I have bought EcoTools Bamboo Blush Brush. Well, my best friend bought it for me when she went to the UK for a winter holiday. You can see the post here [UK Haul].